Table of Contents
Learn to use the PS4 controller on a PC
How to connect and use the PS4 controller on a PC. Many players have preferred to switch from the console to the PC, but converts have a limit, they can only use a keyboard or mouse to play. Anyone who has tried to use computer accessories with games that require speed of action has immediately realized that it is not very comfortable. And for those who have used the controller for years.
Sony has made excellent batches in different generations of PlayStation consoles.
However, the Dual Shock 4, which is the standard category for the PS4, has been able to attract more attention with its ergonomics and features.
- one of the problems that have plagued gamers of all Sony consoles from the beginning has been the problem of the lack of synchronization between these console classes and PCs
- Sony had previously promised to bring Plug & Play functionality to the PS4 category, making it easier to integrate them with Windows PCs.
- While Sony’s promise has not yet come true, there are ways to connect the PS4 to the PC.
How to use PS4 controller on a PC ?
More people are switching to the console PC because a powerful gaming computer can produce better graphics and frame rates that can exceed both the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One. A high-end gaming PC can also outperform the PS4 Pro.
Is there any DualShock 4 compatible with the PC ?
DualShock 4 controller would be compatible with Windows. This meant that the players should not have bought extra accessories, and had given them the freedom to switch between the two platforms, Windows and Mac, or so they thought. Unfortunately, it’s not really the plug-and-play solution we had thought of. Using a DualShock 4 controller on a PC requires some work to set it up if the game doesn’t specifically have DualShock 4 support.
How To Use ps4 controller on Mac ?
Can you use the DualShock 4 controller to play on the Mac
- yes, it is possible to connect the DualShock 4 controller to the Mac, both via USB and Bluetooth and the Mac will recognize it as a gamepad, but it becomes a bit more complex from that point on.
You see, Windows has the advantage of having the integrated XInput API in its operating system, which is what makes the Xbox controller compatible with Windows. It’s what the programmers use to make the PS4 controller run on Windows, but the same can’t be said for the Mac.
So, while the DualShock 4 will be recognized as a gamepad, it will be much more difficult to find games that have support for the controller and can take a long time to set it up before it works properly.
Compatible games and use of DualShock 4 with Steam ?
And for the first time, the major developers have begun to add the full support of this controller, making it much easier to use the PS4 controller on PC.
Games like No Man’s Sky, Watch Dogs 2, NBA 2K17 and Dark Souls III all got plug-and-play support with DualShock 4, connected wirelessly or using the controller via Bluetooth. These games have also included the DualShock 4 overlay button so that to get the instructions in the game, the user must click the “X” button instead of “A”, as on an Xbox pad.
Steam also added DualShock 4 support, so you can now use it to navigate the Steam menu in Big Picture mode – even on a Steam connection. But be careful: just because you can use the PS4 controller with Steam, this does not mean that you can use it with all games. Most games still don’t work without extra settings, but luckily there is a way to use DualShock 4 with almost all PC games.
How to download ds4windows ?
Windows do not support PS4 batches in normal mode, but it does fully support Xbox 2 batches.
The basis of this article is to move the PS4 category to the Xbox 360 category and introduce it to Windows.
Click here to download ds4windows
- After downloading the emulator zip file using programs such as WinRar or WinZip, extract the files and save them in a familiar location.
- After that, use the DS4Windows Simulation Update Tool to make sure you’re using the latest version.
- And now it’s to connect the PS4 to the computer is dedicated to launching the program.
- The installation process of this simulator is very straightforward and requires several buttons.
- Connect the PS4 handle
- Once the startup is complete, you can connect your PS4 to your computer.
- It is recommended that you connect your handle to your PC via a conventional PS4 micro USB cable, as its wireless connection to the PC will require more difficult steps that will require a bit more user knowledge.
How to download install InputMapper ?
DualShock 4 is compatible with Windows, developers must add specific support, otherwise, it will not work. Fortunately, there is an application available that will map the DualShock 4 controller directly to the Microsoft XInput API. The end result is that the games will be “tricked” thinking of using an Xbox 360 controller, and you will be able to play with many games using the DualShock 4 controller with all its features.
Click here to download inputMapper
- Download and install InputMapper the first step is to go to the site and download inputMapper, download the latest version of the tool and install it on your PC.
- Connect the DualShock 4 controller Once InputMapper is installed, the next step is to connect the controller to the PC. You can do this via a USB connection or via Bluetooth, but it is worth bearing in mind that a Bluetooth connection is not as stable as the wired connection.
- However, if you are adamant about connecting via Bluetooth, just hold down the Share button and the PlayStation button on the controller, until the light flashes to enter pairing mode, then pair on the PC
- Open InputMapper and get ready to play.
- Now that you’ve installed InputMapper and connected it with the DualShock 4 controller, it’s finally time to open the application.
- When InputMapper is opened, the DualShock 4 controller is recognized and should function identically to an Xbox 360 / One controller.
- It is worth checking first the game if it has compatibility problems.
- go to the InputMapper Settings menu and activate the ” Use exclusive mode” option.
- If you want to customize your gaming experience and remap the buttons (and create macros), you can do it via the Profiles menu within the application.
While InputMapper is a lifesaver for those who have the DualShock 4 controller and a PC, it should be kept in mind that it is still a work in progress. First, the InputMapper application must be opened whenever you want to play a game. Although it may seem like a hassle, there is an option within the application that lets you start it in reduced mode whenever Windows starts up. Also, as designed to mimic Xbox controllers, you can probably see the inverted graphics of buttons A and B instead of X and O during the game.
Get The Fastest DNS For Ps4