This article will explain how to clean PS4. It also provides information about how often to clean the console, what you will need to have in the PS4 cleaner, as well as how to clean the PS4 controller. These instructions are applicable to PlayStation 4’s initial PlayStation 4, PS4 Pro as well as PS4 Slim models.
How to clean PS4, PS4 Pro, or PS4 Slim?
Being able to clean your PS4 could be useful when it isn’t working as it should as well as if the sound becomes too high. It is a good idea to wash your console prior to selling your PS4 and giving it to anyone.
PS4 Cleaning Kit
You’ll need these items to thoroughly clean your PS4 both inside and out:
- A T8 or T9 Torx screwdriver
- Cotton Swabs
- Dry microfiber cloth
- Soft bristle brush
- A tiny Phillips screwdriver
- The can is filled with compressed air.
Below are images from those of the PS4 Slim model, And you can follow these steps to clean your PlayStation 4 console:
- Check to make sure that your PlayStation4 is off and unplugged.
- Make use of compressed air for clearing the USB ports at one side of the console. The other is as well as the ports at the rear as well as the vents along the side of the device. Use a soft toothbrush or cotton swabs to get rid of any particles.
Important note: Keep the air canister in a straight line and keep it six inches from the console to keep water from entering inside the components within your PS4.
- Now, remove the case, lift gently the cover that covers the top of the PS4 away from the console’s front. Get rid of any dust that has accumulated inside the casing using a not-used cloth.
Important note: The act of opening your PS4 could void your warranty. If you bought your PS4 within the last 12 months you should get in touch with Sony PlayStation customer support to complain about issues with your console.
- Lift the cover on top of the PS4 from the front of the console in order to take off the casing on the outside.
- Place your finger in the middle of the fan to keep it in place. Then use compressed air to blow in small intervals to blast dust from the fan. Don’t allow the fan to spin while blowing air at it. A fan that is spinning can result in an electrical short. This way is also used cleaning the fan on a ps4.
Make sure you place your finger in the middle of the fan to keep it in its place
- Make use of using the Phillips screwdriver to take off the black plastic cover near the back of the console.
- The screws are situated in different locations on the initial PS4 model. Utilize the T8 or the T9 Torx screwdriver in conjunction with the Phillips screwdriver to take them out completely.
- Utilize the T9 or T8 (Torx) screwdriver to take out screws that hold the metal plate beneath the plastic cover. T8 screw which secures the metal plate beneath the plastic covering.
- Unscrew the retaining screws, then remove the metal plate that protects the fan, so you can scrub the PS4 interior using compressed air and a toothbrush. Use a cotton swab to place between the blades of the fan to secure it to ensure that it does not spin while you wash all the components.
In the case of the original PS4 version, you need to disconnect the power source. Carefully lift it and then set it away. Be sure not to cut the cable. Let the inside of the console dry out for a half-hour and then reassemble the parts of the PS4.
How to clean PS4 Controller?
If your controller is connecting finicky, ensure it synced correctly with the PS4. If you’re still experiencing issues, you can try cleaning the controller.
Remove any cables and blow compressed air on the controller. Make sure you clean all crevices that surround your analog stick, buttons, and ports, then clean off the face of the controller with an abrasive cloth. Make use of a damp cloth when needed, but remember to keep clear of charger ports and headphone connectors. The controller should be dried before plugging any device into the ports.
If cleaning your controller doesn’t resolve your issues, you can attempt to reset your PS4 controller.
Why do you need to know how to clean ps4?
While it is true that the PlayStation 4 is sturdily built, however, dust may build up within the console over time. Cleaning your PS4 will help to keep the hardware from failing because of overheating. If you detect the PS4 fan running, it’s an indication that it’s time to get it cleaned. A thorough cleaning could aid when your PS4 cannot connect to Wi-Fi.
There is no need to clean the inside of the PS4 unless you experience problems with performance, for example, the console getting hot or shutting itself down suddenly. Infrequent overheating could cause irreparable harm to your PS4 hardware; therefore, you must open your PS4 and wipe the fan as fast as you can. If you don’t want to do it by yourself then you also need to know how much does it cost to clean a ps4? It cost you around 150$ or more.
you can take serivce from https://www.consolesclinic.co.uk/ which are very good in cleaning your products.
If you want to clean external surfaces of your PS4 make use of microfiber cloths to ensure that you don’t damage the console. To clean off dirt you can employ a clean cloth or an emulsion of alcohol and water.